Before You Start
Here’s what you’ll need to add emails to Wooly.
- The email addresses of the people for whom you want to gather social data.
- A blank sheet in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, saved or exported as a comma separated value (CSV) file.
- **You can also download this CSV template and fill in the relevant columns.
Prepare For Import
To prepare your file for import, follow these steps.
1. In a spreadsheet program like Excel or Sheets, open your blank worksheet.
2. Create and label the columns for the email addresses and names. (Note: the email column is the only field that we require)
3. Paste the information into the relevant fields in the spreadsheet.
4. Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the Filemenu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as “Export as .CSV” or “Download as .CSV”. Different spreadsheet programs will vary a little bit. If you use another file type, we won’t be able to process the file.
5. Any values that have commas should be enclosed in quotation marks to be a valid CSV file and keep the columns and rows correctly inline. If you save the file correctly as a CSV, the spreadsheet program will do this for you.
Now that you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to import the CSV file to a Wooly list!
Visit the Data Sources tab on your dashboard. There you can add a new CSV file in the upper, right-hand corner.
*Note: if you import a small CSV with additional columns that are not mapped to supported fields then it will still be flagged for review by our team. If you want it to auto process, remove irrelevant columns before uploading.