FAQ: Why aren’t certain posts getting picked up in my campaign?
If you happen to notice social posts missing from your Wooly campaign, there are a few things you can check...
First, where did the post come from?
- Wooly's social listening processes currently run for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- All other content can be added to an individual's profile/campaign by providing a web link
- Reporting and stats are not provided on platforms other than Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at this time due to their limited API access
Second, check the post that is missing from the report:
- Did the ambassador tag the correct social profile for the brand (specifically, the accounts connected within Wooly)? They must tag the brand in either the caption or the post media.
- Did the ambassador use the proper #hashtag associated with the campaign? The campaign hashtag MUST be in the caption, (not hidden in a comment) in order for us to pull the post.
Finally, check the ambassador account within Wooly:
- Is the social account they posted to the same one they have connected within Wooly? (This is a must for an ambassador campaign)
- They could have duplicate contact profiles within Wooly. Search their @handle within All Contacts to make sure.
- In some cases, we are unable to immediately match a person's Facebook post to their profile due to security restrictions in Facebook's API which causes a duplicate contact profile to be created. If this happens, you can search for the duplicate and merge them by adding the same social handle to the other profile. The system will then merge the two into one profile during a nightly process.
- If you will be using Facebook heavily, it's recommended to encourage ambassadors to authenticate their Facebook account so the system can read their posts directly.