Shopify Instructions - Create, assign, distribute and track discount codes
This article will show Shopify users how to create, assign, and track individual discount codes within Wooly.
Step 1: Create Discount in Shopify
- Make sure your Shopify is still connected in Wooly by checking under “integrations” in settings
- In your Shopify account, create a general discount code. **This is not the discount name your ambassadors will see, it just sets up the discount rule that will be pulled into Wooly. You will create individual codes within the Wooly Wooly platform.**
Step 2: Find Discount you just created in Wooly
- In Wooly, Go to Settings > Discount Rules
- Click “New Discount Rule”
- Name the Discount Rule (you can assign a specific name to individual ambassadors later, just use a general one for this step)
- For example: Ambassador 25%
- Under “Shopify Price Rule,” find the code you created in Shopify
- The rest of the fields will automatically be filled in based on the Shopify Price Rule
Step 3: Create & Assign Individual Codes
- Go to any Contact profile within Wooly
- Scroll down to “Discounts”
- Click “Assign Code”
- Type in the code that will be for that specific profile (soon people will be able to create their own codes so you don't have to!)
Step 4: Distribute Codes
- There are currently a few ways to distribute codes: via Campaign Brief or Emails.
DISTRIBUTE VIA EMAIL
- Once your ambassador has a code assigned to their profile, you can distribute that code in a personal email message (or mass email). Under “Personalize” and “DiscountRules” choose the discount rule you want to send and their individual code will be displayed in their email
DISTRIBUTE VIA CAMPAIGN BRIEF
- On Step 2 of a Campaign under “Campaign Brief” choose “Add Rule” under “Discount & Promo Codes”
- Select the discount rule you want to use and it will display the ambassadors’ individual assigned code on the campaign brief (as long as they have a code assigned to their profile with that discount rule)
- In the “Campaign Members” section, there will be a Discount Codes column to show you who already has a code assigned to their profile. If it is blank, you will need to create a code for that person before launching the Campaign.
USING CODES AS INCENTIVES
- There may be instances where you want your ambassadors to complete a campaign first and will get a code after completing a campaign. In this case, we recommend that you not put the code on the Creative Brief.
- Instead, you can include the Discount Rule in a follow-up email that will automatically be sent out once they complete the campaign.