Using Shopify Buy X, Get Y Discount Codes
This article will serve as a guide to those brands who are on Shopify and would like to assign, distribute, and track discount codes with unique rules outside of % or $ off like Buy X, Get Y offers. You could also follow these instructions if you are collaborating with another brand and you want to give your advocates a discount code to their site.
Step 1: Create Discount Rule in Wooly
- In Wooly, Go to Settings > Discount Rules
- Click “New Discount Rule” and create a manual discount rule
- Name the Discount Rule
- For example: 25% Ambassador Discount
- Finish filling out the fields to reflect the discount code's rules
Step 2: Create Discount Codes in Shopify
- Go to your Shopify admin portal to bulk create discount codes with your desired discount settings.
- There are plugins such as Bulk Discount Code Generator you can use for this.
Step 3: Assign Pre-generated Codes to your Advocates
- Export the list of codes you created in step 2 to a CSV. The CSV must have a column that has the codes.
- Add codes to the manual discount rule by clicking Add Codes. Then upload your CSV. (Here is a CSV Template if you need one)
- Turn on an automatic reminder to get alerted when you need to add more codes to the system.
- Add the discount rule to a campaign in order to give your advocates access to one of the pre-generated codes
Step 4: Distribute Codes within Wooly
DISTRIBUTE VIA PROGRAM
- Select the Discount Rule to give all Program Members access to the offer
DISTRIBUTE VIA CAMPAIGN
- On Step 2 of a Campaign, choose “Add Rule” under “Discount & Promo Codes”
- Select the Discount Rule you want to give access to. When advocates join the campaign, they will see a button to generate a code.