Setting Up Manual Discount Codes
This article will serve as a guide to those brands who would like to assign, distribute, and track discount codes and are on a CRM other than Shopify.
Step 1: Install Tracking Pixel
- To get started, you will first need to install a tracking pixel to your brand's website. This will allow you to track the performance of the discount codes you distribute to your ambassadors. See this article for step-by-step instructions.
Step 2: Create Discount Rule in Wooly
- In Wooly, Go to Settings > Discount Rules
- Click “New Discount Rule”
- Name the Discount Rule (you can assign a specific name to individual ambassadors later, just use a general one for this step)
- For example: Ambassador 25%
- Finish filling out the fields to reflect the discount code's rules
Step 3: Create Discount Codes in your CRM
- Create discount codes for individuals within your CRM as you normally would.
Step 4: (2 Options, read below)
If you want to… automatically assign pre-generated codes to your advocates
When this is useful:
- If you’re not a Shopify brand, this is a great way to automate discount codes.
- If you want to collaborate with another brand and give your advocates a discount code to their site.
Follow these steps:
- Export the list of codes you created in Step 3 to a CSV. The CSV must have a column that has the codes with column name "Code".
- Add codes to the manual discount rule by clicking Add Codes. Then upload your CSV. (Here is a CSV Template if you need one)
- Turn on an automatic reminder to get alerted when you need to add more codes to the system.
- To Distribute the discount codes you can:
- Add the discount rule to a campaign in order to give your advocates access to one of the pre-generated codes
- Add the discount rule to a program in order to give your advocates access to one of the pre-generated codes
**This feature allows ambassadors to see that they have a code available. Codes are assigned after an ambassador clicks "Get Code" in the portal.
If you want to… manually assign custom vanity codes to a select group of advocates
This is useful:
- When giving a few individuals (like influencers) custom vanity codes
Follow these steps:
- Go to a Contact Profile within Wooly
- Scroll down to “Discounts” (on the right)
- Click “Assign Code”
- Select the Discount Rule and type in the code you created in your CRM.
- Now that code will be associated with that Contact Profile
Step 5: Distribute Codes within Wooly
- When someone signs into their Ambassador Portal and goes to Discount Codes & Links, they will automatically see the code that has been assigned to them. It's also helpful to distribute these discount codes in a few areas to ensure they are visible and top of mind. This can be done via a Campaign Brief or Email.
DISTRIBUTE VIA EMAIL
- Once your ambassador has a code assigned to their profile, you can distribute that code in a personal email message (or mass email). Under “Personalize” and “DiscountRules” choose the discount rule you want to send and their individual code will be displayed in their email
DISTRIBUTE VIA CAMPAIGN BRIEF
- On Step 2 of a Campaign under “Campaign Brief” choose “Add Rule” under “Discount & Promo Codes”
- Select the discount rule you want to use and it will display the ambassadors’ individual assigned code on the campaign brief (as long as they have a code assigned to their profile with that discount rule)
- In the “Campaign Members” section, there will be a Discount Codes column to show you who already has a code assigned to their profile. If it is blank, you will need to create a code for that person (back to steps 3 and 4) before launching the Campaign.