Shopify Instructions - Pixel Referral Tracking
After December 1st 2020, the Wooly pixel is now auto installed when Shopify is connected on the integrations page in the brand settings. If you are new to Wooly and have connected your store after this date, you are good to go! If you previously followed the instructions in this article to manually install your pixel, we need you to reconnect your Wooly account with Shopify and remove the manually added pixel from your store. This will auto install our new pixel to your Shopify store.
If you need to remove the Wooly pixel from your store that was installed manually, follow these steps. Note: depending on your access levels you may need your Wooly admin doing steps 1 & 2 and your store admin completing steps 3, 4 & 5.
*DO THESE STEPS IN ORDER! Don't remove the manually installed pixel before reconnecting with Shopify to auto install the new pixel.
- Login to the brand portal to go to the integrations page and then disconnect Shopify.
- Stay on the integrations page and reconnect your Shopify store with Wooly. Note: this will auto install the pixel for you.
- Now you need to remove the old pixel you manually installed in the past. To do this, we'll basically have you follow the instructions in the article below but in reverse. Start by logging in to your Shopify store. (here's a helpful video on pixel removal)
- Go to Online Store > Themes > Edit code and open the "theme.liquid" file and remove the Wooly script that should be within the <head> tags and closer to the closing </head> tag towards the end if you followed our instructions accurately when it was added. Click save.
- Next navigate to Settings > Checkout > Additional Scripts and remove the Wooly script that is there. Click save.
- Thank you for doing this. You're done!
DO NOT PROCEED! FOR SHOPIFY BRANDS, THIS PROCESS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH AN AUTO INSTALLED PIXEL
*Note: When following these steps be sure to begin by referencing the instructions outlined in this article about setting up the pixel.
Step 1. Add the Link Tracking Pixel
1. To add link tracking to your Shopify store in your admin portal navigate to Online Store > Themes > Edit code.
2. Open the "theme.liquid" file for editing the code.
3. Follow the instructions on Step 2 in the main article to embed the tracking pixel just before the
</head> tag in your HTML.
Step 2. Integrate Order Tracking
1. Navigate to Settings > Checkout
2. Scroll down to the Order processing section and paste the following code into the Additional scripts box and be sure to replace the ACCESS_TOKEN placeholder with your sales attribution token you can get from your brand settings.
- Note: this approach which includes the main tracking script is recommended because we've found that many Shopify store templates don't include the main website template which loads the top level tracking library.
Example result after you've copy/pasted the code into Shopify:
Reference Step 4 in the main article to make sure you have everything setup properly.
Congrats, You're Done!!
You're all set up and your Shopify store is now able to track referral links and discount codes within Wooly.
Some tests are failing? Go here for help with troubleshooting