Once your Ambassador Application is live and you start directing customers to apply to your program, you'll need to start vetting applicants!
Pending applications can be found on the Contacts tab under “Recruitment.” The little number to the right indicates how many unread applications are in the queue.
To vet an application, click on an applicant’s profile. You will be taken to their profile Summary page.
Suggested things to look for:
- We suggest that you accept everyone and then organize them into different groups based on their contact profile
- Click on their social profiles under “social channels” on the left that link to their social profiles
- Browse through some of the recent posts on their social profiles to help you decide how they align with your brand
On the “Content” tab, you can see if the applicant has ever posted about your brand before. This is a great way to see if they have engaged with your brand in the past.
On “Form Details” tab, you can read their responses to the custom questions you added to your ambassador application. Read through their responses and see if they are a good fit for your ambassador program.
Under the “Notes” tab, you can add notes about their profile. This is a great way to leave notes on why you accepted them or declined them.
We suggest organizing ambassadors with tiers or custom properties. For more information on how to do that click here.
- Just as in your contacts page, you can apply filters to your list applicants as well. It's a great way to sort for specific social networks, custom properties, follower count, most recent applicants, etc.
Declining an Applicant:
- When you hit “decline” for an ambassador, their profile will be moved to Declined and their "Contact Stage" will be labeled as Declined. **They will not be notified of this decision.**
- Ambassadors automatically receive a default email after submitting an application. The email tells them they will be notified IF they are accepted so they are not expecting a rejection email (this email is completely customizable).
Nominating an Applicant:
- By choosing “Nominate” the applicant's profile will go under the Nominate tab, and their "Contact Stage" will be labeled as Nominated.
- The applicant WILL NOT be notified of a nomination. It can only be viewed internally
- Nominating an applicant essentially bookmarks their profile into a separate tab that you can then come back to, or get another team member's approval on before accepting. We highly recommend using this feature especially if you are reviewing applications in batches.
- Example: You only want to accept 50 ambassadors this month, but have 200 go review... use Nominate for those applicants you think are good, and then go back and review them again to narrow it down to 50.
Accepting an Applicant:
- By accepting an applicant, their "Contact Stage" will now be Ambassador.
- They will NOT be notified of their acceptance, but you can easily add them to an evergreen Welcome campaign where they will be directed to create their Wooly profile prior to viewing the Campaign.
**If you want to notify an Ambassador of their acceptance, create a Triggered Email under Email Campaigns.